Friday, April 9, 2010

Remember spring swaps snow for leaves, you'll be happy and wholesome again, when the city clears and sun ascends...

Today is my hodgepodge update. I've been told by a few different people that I need to get on the blogging ball...so this is me..on the ball!

It's been pretty quiet here at work, which I am so grateful for. I know this is just the calm before the storm, since my boss is out for two weeks, and I know once she gets back it will be high stress all the way. We have our Annual Board of Trustee Meeting in June, and that one is always more stressful than the Quarterly ones. It's a big song and dance of putting on events and meetings and it is seriously the most stressful thing I have ever done. This will be my third one. I worked through my first one while passing a kidney stone. I had been in the ER that weekend and I still hadn't passed it by Monday morning, but I had to come in because the meetings were that week. Can we say miserable? For the record...taking Vicoden while working isn't the best idea in the world. Anyways! I am really grateful for this time where I can get as much of my stuff done as possible, so when it's gets insane around here, hopefully I won't be as stressed.

Heather and I started up a recipe blog - Don't Forget to Lick the Spoon! We have been talking about doing one for a while, and we finally did. Check it out!! It will be lots of fun to start documenting the things we love to make and to be able to share those things with you!

Bon appetit y'all!




So, I don't have kids yet, but I do have an adorable puppy, so....I'm going to talk about him for a minute :)

Bowser is adorable as ever and getting bigger every day! He has eaten a random assortment of things no dog should ever eat. The list includes: a bottle of prenatal vitamins, earwax remover, shampoo, toilet paper, make up removing face wipes, and lots of cardboard. He really loves to play outside, but not if we aren't out there with him, which can be a pain. Jacob has started teaching him how to catch a Frisbee, and he's getting pretty dang good at that. He's started trying to catch bees and other bugs that fly around. Apparently the other day he caught one, and then he opened his mouth back up and the bee flew out! HA! He's also getting more protective. Usually when people come over he goes up to them and wants them to pet him and all, but when the AC guy came the other day, Bowser didn't go up to him. He hung back and stayed near me most of the time. He would go see where the guy went and when the guy would come back, Bowser would be near me again. I won't lie - I kinda love that. This first picture is my favorite!! That's the grumpiest face I have ever seen!







I know this is pretty behind the times, but it snowed in Atlanta a few times this winter, and I love the way our house looks covered in snow! Bowser also loved the snow, but got neutered the day before the big snow hit, so he didn't get to enjoy it as much as he would have liked..





5 comments:

Brittany said...

I can't believe all of the things Bowser has eaten! A whole bottle of Pre-natal pills??? Why??? It's like Hallie, the other day she ate a giant chunk of baking soda. Why??? Babies and animals are so much fun!

Cam and Mary said...

Your house is so cute!!! MMM, can't wait to check out your recipe blog!

Jenni said...

Yea, Ashley! I am so proud and, for the record, you don't have to have a child to blog. :) I have been looking for a meatloaf recipe. Thanks! Love you! Jenni

Clarise and Ryan Pedersen said...

My little Tanker has an obsession with eating toilet paper too! He thinks it's so much fun to unroll as much as he can before he gets caught! Silly puppies! What would we do without them? :)

blueeyedfreckle said...

oh my gosh. he has eaten so many gross things!!! but he is SUPER cute. And he kinda looks like Jacob to me... (not that I am hitting on Jacob). I wonder if they are long lost cousins. have you ever seen Jacob tear into a box with his teeth before? I would check into it.