Thursday, May 19, 2011

Terry's, Terry's quite contrary, how does your garden grow??

I think I'm just not cut out to be a good blogger anymore. I am always thinking of things I should post about, but sitting down to actually post them is a whole different story! So, I'm just going to break things down!

To start off with - our garden and back yard! I know I tend to mention things we do around our house and then say I will post pictures later, and it turns out I'm a liar! I never go back to post pictures. Oh well. But today I actually have pictures to post! YAY!

So we planted our garden this year and so far it's growing really well! We planted lots of stuff like spinach, tomatoes, peppers (lots of different kinds), radishes (yuck!), carrots, pole beans and cucumbers. I've probably left something out, but you get the gist. Lots of stuff! We planted it one Sunday in April, and with Jacob's parents help, we got it all done! Joel even built the nice little wall around it! He's super awesome like that.





And this is what is looks like today! It's doing pretty well. As you can tell, we still have some weeding and things we need to do, but overall it's going much better than it did last year. Sweet!





Jacob and his dad have also built a retaining wall and are going to be putting in a deck soon, so we will have lots more to show of our back yard by the end of the summer! For now though, I will just stick to the garden.

1 comment:

Lisa Cook said...

I love your garden! All those yummy veggies will be so good this summer!